Any Moment Now Lyrics – Barbra Streisand
Any Moment Now Lyrics:
– Hi, Honey! I’m home! Sorry I’m late. My appointments went on and on.
– No no. It’s okay. I..I ate already.
– Yeah, well when I didn’t hear from you. I assu..
– Oh I’m so sorry.
– It’s fine don’t worry.
– I really meant to call. So how..how’s the script?
– Uh yeah, it’s coming along. It’s good. Good yeah.
– Good good. Um. I had my haircut. Do you like it?!
– Uh huh. Yeah. I ha..hang on one second. I’m in the middle of writing something. Hang on.
– Oh. I’m sorry. Um…I’m I’m going upstairs.
– Listen don’t..
– Alright. I’ll be up.
Any moment now, he’ll notice me
Me, and my butterfly heart
Any moment now, he’ll turn around and grin
And say at last where have you been?
We’re late for daybreak on the Riviera
If not the Riviera, the beach at Malibu
The rich Madera sunset, going on forever
With my arms growing cold,
And his arms growing warm with life unfolding
Any moment now, he’ll say to me
Why don’t you follow your heart?
How can he know that I’ve been praying he’d arrive
Afraid to come alive till then, just saying
Any moment now
– Listen, can you tell that I’m a little frustrated?
– Well, so am I.
– I mean, I feel like you’ve been avoiding me.
– Me avoiding you?
– You..you’re avoiding us.
– I mean, you’re always out having meetings or..
– I’m not always out.
– It would be nice if you just stayed home once in a while. Just the two of us.
– Well, I wouldn’t be much fun, honey. I don’t drink.
– Oh ho..well you gotta have something to wash down a frozen dinner.
– Wow. I don’t know how to answer that. Look, I am going to sleep.
Any moment now, she’ll notice me
Me and my, simple guy ways
Any moment now, she’d said she’d settle down
If that were true I’d paint the town
I’d take her flying to Atlantic City
If not Atlantic City, to see Niagara Falls
I know a pretty trout stream up above Seattle
What a life we could build
in a home, that is filled with love and laught
Any moment now
– You’d say to me
– You’d humor me
– Chase the past
Those overcast days
How can I begin?
Forgetting where we’ve been
To let the laughter in again
It’s always any moment now
Oh any moment now
– Promise me we’ll talk about this.
If you want to know more about Barbra Streisand, like when Barbra Streisand started, what was the debut album, how the journey begins then please check out Barbra Streisand Biography here.